Pages

22 June 2015

Heading to the Bush!

Note from Mom: Not our regular email blog post this week. Elder Price mysteriously lost internet (or power?) before writing his family email. Good thing he'd already sent me a few short emails with the transfer news:

MRP: Hey momma, I'm bein' transferred!

Me: Where to???...

MRP: a place called Praso... It's bush. REALLY bush. And I'm the zone leader.

Me: Would it be listed as Twifo Praso on the map? Like north of Sekondi?

MRP: Yes, it's Twifo Praso. :) North... ish. It's central region instead of Western Region.

Here's a map of where he's headed on Wednesday. He'll serve there for the next six weeks, and likely the six weeks after that before coming home in September.
Transferred to Praso Zone (Twifo Praso, Central Region, Ghana)
Fortunately for me (and all of you dear readers), Elder Johnson (Elder Price's companion) managed to write a fantastic letter to his mother about this past week's events and she's given me permission to share it here:

"Hey Momma! 

Another great week in Africa. We're getting Br and Th ready for their baptisms next weekend. Br is well loved in the Relief Society and is going to be a huge help to them. I am especially excited because she wants me to baptize her. Hopefully I don't mess it up, haha. 

On Tuesday I had my first Zone Conference. President gave a great presentation using the story of the tree of life in first Nephi. The point of it was for us to focus more on recent converts, and less actives rather than just talking to people on the street. It was sad to see Elder and Sister Julander give their Farewell testimonies. They will be greatly missed, and I am so thankful to have been able to get to know them. 
Takoradi Zone Conference 16 June 2015
On Saturday, while we were conversing with Vincent at his house, President Stevenson called to talk to Elder Price. He called him to be a Zone Leader in Praso which is one of the bushiest places in the mission. My new companion's name is Elder Ble. He is from Ivory Coast, and I heard that he can speak great French. I am really going to miss Elder Price. He's made a huge impact on my life, and has taught me a lot on how to be a great missionary. I am grateful for the time we have had as companions, and I am proud to call him my trainer. Even though I am sad to see him go, I am also really happy to see him become a Zone leader. He is going to be a huge blessing both to the people and the missionaries there. 

… I was able to get your package with my scripture bag, the letters, and the Sour Patch Watermelons in it. I was really happy to give Elder Price the Sour Patch Watermelons before he left. He said God Bless you for thinking of him. :). I love you all so much and the work is going well here.


With Great Love,
Elder Johnson"


Bonus photos:
The Jonfiah family had a little farewell thing for the Julanders with the Asante family and the missionaries for Sekondi ward present also. It was a really good night. :)
Asante family with Sekondi Elders

No comments:

Post a Comment