Pages

02 December 2013

Thanksgiving by Candlelight

Hi!
So, this week was way fun! We had things like Thanksgiving and district conference!
Thanksgiving:
Like you had heard, we still proselyted and everything. They don't exactly have that holiday in Africa ;) But that night we had a crazy awesome thanksgiving dinner. We ate Chicken, mashed potatoes, corn, bread, beans, fries, gravy, popcorn balls, and I had a drink of sparkling apple cider! It was really awesome. We had the entire thing by candlelight, too, so it made a wonderful thanksgiving.
I received that package on Saturday! I loved it so much! Thank you :) :) :) Also, the music is wonderful. I've been listening to it a ton. [We sent him a medium size, flat rate USPS box the end of October. This was the first package we've sent. Looks like it took four and a half weeks to arrive. It included a microSD card with a lot of Christmas music.]. I received a few letters on Thanksgiving morning as well... The letters seem to come in waves, but that's alright! The package was so great to open, and I'm saving those pine cones for closer to Christmas, as well as most of the food. The pictures are great, I'm so glad you sent those! It was great. :) 
All those pictures and stories are amazing! Thanks for sharing them all! Thanksgiving still looks and sounds like it was fantastic! [I emailed him photos from our Thanksgiving day. Same ones as posted on my facebook page]
District Conference was great! Elder Dube spoke, and he had a great talk. It's been a pretty odd week because of Thanksgiving, then a Liberian public holiday on Friday, then district conference on the other two days!
I'm getting better out here. As far as stories go... Hey! I went on exchange with Elder Pearmain in my area on Wednesday! That was a great experience, and I'm super happy with how it went. Other stories... Hm... Oh yeah, I washed my clothes on Friday (or Saturday?) by candlelight! The power was out, so we lit candles, and I finished my washing that way! It was pretty great. Also, thank you for the camera case! I'm so happy to have it.
The weeks are going by fast, and I'm already halfway through this transfer! I'm gonna try to send you a few photos today, we'll see how that goes [Apparently it didn't go well. Still nothing--it's been a long time since he's been able to send photos]. I'm thinking of you all, thank you so much for the support. I really felt your support so much when I received that package, it was just like, "Whoah! They DO love me!" ;) I'm adapting to the culture and life here, and I'm trying my hardest to learn the Liberian ways. I'm trying to graft myself into the "Pele" tribe (I don't know how to spell it, but I chose it because of the Hawaiian Goddess...) and learn how to speak some of that language, just for fun!
I love you all. I pray for you every day, and I know you're being watched over. Remember Him, and make the most of life! If I can do something life-changing in two years, who says you can't improve each of your own lives in different ways in just two years. :) Stay safe, keep having super awesome stories, I love you all!

Love,
Elder Makani Rain Price

No comments:

Post a Comment